Answered

Why no native iOS widget?

• 13 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I just “switched” from Bluesound due to the more mature Sonos software and Apple Music compatibility which was supposed to make my life simpler. Now that I have everything up and running I’m disappointed in a couple things. Most importantly, why is there no native iOS widget to enable Sonos control from the lock screen or notification center? A previous Sonos system I set up for a friend had native control on the lock screen which, I understand, is now disabled in V9 due to Airplay 2 issues. Fine. But why not a widget as an alternative? This is just something I’ve always used, and apparently took for granted, in Bluesound and is now sorely missed.
icon

Best answer by Chris 13 July 2018, 23:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I believe lock screen only goes away if you have other airplay speakers non-sonos and no sonos airplay2 compatible speakers.

Either way - I believe Sonobit offers a more full featured ios widget for sonos that also includes app watch app (I think its only like $3 if you want to add widget). Way more functional than lock screen control.
+1 ... new Sonos (Beam) customer here. No iOS widget?? Wot? Also no easy way to snooze (iOS widget or Apple Watch notification)? I need to use third party app to do this??? Not what I expected from Sonos.