Answered

Why ist the alarm "hidden" in System Settings (September 10, 2019 Release)

• 12 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
I use the Sonos-alarm on a daily basis, but the time varies from day to day. Therefore, before I go to bed I check that the alarm is set and set at the correct time.

Since the September 10, 2019 Release, this has become an annoying task as the alarm was moved on the Android App. Now I have to click through "Settings -> System -> Alarm".

I do not consider the alarm a system setting, but maybe that is just me.

Complaining is easy, so what could be a potential solution?
From my point of view it would be nice to have the alarm setting directly linked from the "My Sonos" part of the app (bottom left). As we can edit this page, it could be hidden for everyone by default and if you need it, you add it through the edit of the My Sonos (top right).

Forgive me, if there is already a better way to set the alarm. I tried to find it online, but I was not successful. That being said, adding the alarm to the "My Sonos" would be a great feature anyway (imho).
icon

Best answer by controlav 12 September 2019, 14:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Because someone on the UX design team seems to have lost their mind. See the main thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/where-have-my-alarms-gone-6829754

The more speakers you have, the longer it takes to get to the Alarms option. This makes zero sense.
Userlevel 3
Thanks controlav for the link to the main thread. I could not find that one in the search.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
In order to keep the discussion all together I'm going to close this thread. Also, I changed the name of the main thread to make it easier to find using the search.