Answered

Why do songs on iPhone keep skipping?

• 12 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Here is an observation that I do not how to fix. I have 4 Sonos Play:1 speakers and a Sonos Boost that is hard wired to my router. I have the Sonos app installed on my PC, iPhones, and iPads. If I decide to listen to Pandora stations, I have no issues with the songs skipping. But...when I play songs from a playlist on my phone, I seldom get a song to finish before randomly skipping to another. The only saving grace is when I play songs from my PC Sonos app. When I play songs from my PC they NEVER skip.
At first I thought it was just my iPhone that was doing this, but I used my iPad and it did the same thing. So, the question is, is this an Apple problem or a Sonos problem. Either way, it appears that the only ones concerned about this are those that are affected by the constant random skipping. I'm leaning towards this being a Sonos problem because the same song playlists on my iPhone do not skip at all when I am using Blue tooth on my car stereo.

So, in closing, has anyone else had this issue? And, more importantly, has a definitive solution been addressed and or given? Just curious.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 November 2018, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sonos Staff have stated that there is an issue at the moment that can cause audio to skip when playing from the storage on an iOS device whilst having non-Sonos AirPlay devices on the network and/or the iOS device goes into auto-lock.

You can get the stream going by disabling AirPlay on any non-Sonos devices in your home, or by disabling auto-lock in the iOS settings menu under 'Display & Brightness'.

You may want to reach out to the Sonos phone team if you'd prefer not to disable AirPlay, or the iOS auto-lock feature.

You can find Sonos phone number and hours here:
Contact Sonos Customer Care.

Hope that helps.

See also this link:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/podcasts-play-from-this-phone-constantly-cut-out-random-spots-6805263/index1.html#post16272813
This keeps happening to me and is beyond frustrating. Has there been any new solutions?
You might want to read Ken_Griffith's response above yours, and follow the link to read more.

Short version, no, there's no change so far.
Thank you for the response.
This is one of the best things about Sonos - how can we encourage them to get it working and not sunset it?
This is one of the best things about Sonos - how can we encourage them to get it working and not sunset it?

You can't. They've been working on it for a year with no success. The decision is made.