Answered

Why can't I delete playlists in Sonos S1 Desktop app?

• 30 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Dear SONOS,

I have a ton of spurious repeated playlists labelled as “Internal error - Invalid Atom” which I need to delete from the third panel window section, under the Imported Playlists panel.

Also, my “TOP RATED” iTunes playlist doesn’t sync to the SONOS One Desktop nor my iPhone Music Library Listing ???  

There appears to be major problems with syncing an accurate copy of my iTunes Playlist(s) to SONOS.

This is crazy,….. this has been a systemic problem for years now which hasn’t been seriously addressed by SONOS, to my knowledge. 

Why is this so difficult SONOS ?    

Here’s your chance to fix this issue.

My faith in SONOS is being challenged right now after investing $1,000’s in my SONOS system.

I am also having major WiFI Stability issues with speakers dropping in & out regularly.

Best regards,

Chris.

icon

Best answer by John B 5 October 2020, 23:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

SONOS needs to provide a video that explains how to find and erase spurious iTunes playlists from old libraries and leave it to the user(s) to follow.  :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CJM_147, thank you for reaching to the Sonos community and I appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. My apologies for the late reply. Let me help you out with this.

Let me suggest the following basic troubleshooting steps to see if this would work for you.

• Music Library Permissions
    • Go to Manage > Music Library Settings > Advanced tab > Tick the "Music Library Permissions" box
    • Update Music Library and check if your playlist.
  • Removing and re-adding music library

If you're still having the same issue, please send us a diagnostic report and we’d be happy to have a look. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

@CJM_147 .The reason you cannot delete playlists from the Sonos app is that the playlists aren't in the app. 

Sonos will index whatever folders you have told it to in the Music Library Settings.

However, I don't think Sonos has ever handled iTunes curated playlists.

I think you need to look carefully at how you have defined your Sonos Music Library and what is in the folders referenced. 

Every post I have seen tbat suggests there is a fundamental flaw in Sonos Music Library has turned out to be data problems or user error. Maybe yours will be the exception.

The way to get spurious playlists out of Sonos is to remove them from the source iTunes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

John B.  My issue seems to have been caused by me creating folders in the new Music App (formerly iTunes).  Sonos list the folders and the content of the folders as playlist. So I have duplicate and triplicate  playlist in Sonos.  I am using Big Sur with music app.  Thanks for any help you can give.

As an example, I have a playlist folder titled The Blues that has five playlist in it. Sonos shows a playlist called The Blues with all the songs from the five playlist. And, Sonos has the five playlist listed with all the songs included. This is only one of forty folders that are included.  When I manage my Music Library, Sonos reports that there are to many playlist.  I am trying to find a way to delete these duplicate playlist and not have them added each time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I discovered that Folders in the Music app are actually playlist.  You are correct, not a Sonos issue.  I deleted folders from the music server that Sonos manages.  Still get the message that there are to many playlists for Sonos system.