Answered

Which iPad for tuning

• 12 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I contacted Sonos 3 separate times to find out what devices support Trueplay (please do NOT send me links to Trueplay compatible devices on Sonos site. I’ve seen it and it doesn’t tell me anything.) I was told that the iPad gen 8 WAS compatible with Trueplay so I bought a used one and come to find out it doesn’t work. I was also told by others on forums etc. that it would work also. Between this and the last update I’m at my wits end. Why can’t Sonos put out a complete list of every individual ios device that supports Trueplay. Now I’m out hundreds of dollars. No, I don’t know anybody that I can borrow a device from. Can anybody tell me exactly which iPads (not iPhones) support Trueplay please!!! 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 August 2022, 23:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

@popeofhell,

I think if you perhaps search the community here you will see some threads (see below example**) where it was mentioned 10 months ago that the iPad 8th gen was on the ‘coming soon’ Trueplay list and so I suspect it is now compatible, otherwise it would be shown on the ‘not supported’ list - so my best-guess is it should work to Trueplay your Sonos devices/rooms.

**Just one example where it was mentioned 10 months ago that the iPad 8th gen was on the ‘coming soon’ list for Trueplay:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you tell us what has made you conclude this model does not do Trueplay? 

Not that it should matter on such a fairly new model, but what iPadOS version are you on?

@popeofhell,
Perhaps someone in the community with that particular iOS device will chime in here, just to let you know for sure.🤞

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Ken_Griffiths I did see that article today, don’t know how I missed it previously. I did see someone post that they have the exact iPad I do and it works for him. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@106rallye I’m on IOS 14.6. would updating to 15.6 work? I know nothing when it comes to apple products. 

14.6 is fairly old, it’s entirely probable that iPadOS 15.6 may make a difference. It’s hard to think that Sonos spends a lot of time checking / maintaining compatibility with older versions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since updates also provide security enhancements, why not try that. My iPad 7nth Gen is   On 15.6. I can Trueplay my speakers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

My iPad 7th Gen also tunes my speakers and does a good job