Where do tracks actually go when I press 'save to your music'?

• 13 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi!

We have recently got a Sonos system in our office. When someone plays a track via Spotify that I like, I have been hitting 'Save to Your Music' in the controller UI.

I now want to go back and play some of them, but I can't work out where they are actually saved. I'm using a Mac.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It should be in you Saved Music folder of your Spotify account. Download that and have a look, or you can view it via the Spotify web player.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hi!

We have recently got a Sonos system in our office. When someone plays a track via Spotify that I like, I have been hitting 'Save to Your Music' in the controller UI.

I now want to go back and play some of them, but I can't work out where they are actually saved. I'm using a Mac.

Thanks!

In spotify, all 'saved' music goes into 'Your Library' where you can browse through it by song, artist, album etc. If it is 'unsaved' then it drops out of your library.

In Sonos when you go Browse -> Spotify then it shows under 'Your Music' then 'Songs' or 'Albums'. For some reason the 'Artist' view is not available in Sonos. Also, in Spotify, even if you save 1 song from an Album it will show under 'Albums' yet you have to have saved the entire album for it to show in Sonos. I dont know if this is a Sonos glithch or a Spotify one.

Personally I generally use the Spotify app to control music on Sonos unless I need different music in different rooms.
I have realised what is going on - the spotify account linked to the Sonos does not belong to me. I think I have been saving songs to my colleague's spotify!

Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
😃 Hope you have a similar music taste!