Answered

When using app, screen won't update to current artist/song

• 1 September 2017
  • 8 replies

While using my app on my iphone, I'm having trouble with the screen not reflecting the song/artist I'm listening to. Diagnostic report 7791291
icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 October 2017, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Since I don't have an answer, let me ask a question. How long are you waiting for the screen to change. Mine usually trails by a second or two, but not much beyond that, and it's pretty much not noticeable, once you've gotten used to it.

I guess it might potentially be due to your iPhone losing connection to your wifi? If it's not on the same network, it may not be getting the update that the speakers are sending. Have you tried to replicate this on another device, a PC/Mac, for instance. It might be an interesting test to see if it's an issue with the software, the hardware on your speaker, or something else.

By the way, thank you for posting the diagnostic. Should shorten up the response time a bit 🙂
I have the same issue than BabkaBaker my IPhone 6s doesn't refresh properly the playing song sometimes it needs 1 minute !. It's work fine with my wife's Galaxy S7. Any idea ??
I am seeing this happen when I am streaming Google music and Pandora. Some times it never refreshes to the song/artist playing and after a new song has been playing at least 30 seconds before refreshing. I can't use the app on my work PC so I'm not sure if it's my device or not.
I'm having this too since updating software (iphone 6 ios 11.0.3). I had to reset my phone to make it go away, but it's come back again! I'm using Spotify with Sonos 1 & 3 😞
It’s even worse now since the update, I have to close the app and reopen to see what’s playing at least 50% of the time.
thought it was an apple issue at first but they were unaware of it so thought i'd try here before they made me do a full backup and restore.
Connection problems and/or glitches which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
That would make sense actually, as I had an issue with a duplicate IP address a few days ago.