Answered

Want variety of SONOS Windows App backgrounds

• 29 October 2018
  • 6 replies

With the recent Windows App update, the background changed from a mellow colour of blue to black. I would like to have control over the colour of the background as I seem to have with every other music app on my pc and phone. SOSON - update the app with configuration options for background colours and patterns
icon

Best answer by John B 29 October 2018, 08:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Agree there should be an option to change background color in sonos. This is the most awaited feature, Hope Sonos will release it in next update.
I understand the wish, but don't hold your breath. Sonos didn't offer a choice when they thought the desktop app mattered, so I think it will have the minimum possible resource given to it now.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Well, light/dark-theme options are very common these days. But the current Sonos offering seems to be "mobile controller gets light/dark theme on a screen-by-screen basis, desktop player gets dark theme only". Given how long it took Sonos to replace UI assets in the existing (or newly rewritten?) desktop app, I wouldn't expect more options any time soon.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Agree Alan, but This feature has been asked from 1 year from many of us so its like maybe Sonos team have started the work already and we will see this feature soon.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Well, while the reasons for the recent desktop UI facelift are not totally clear, but it's pretty clear from the last few years (not refreshing UI, deprecating essential features, maintaining radically different un-unified UX for desktop and mobile apps) that Sonos don't consider the desktop app a high priority. But you never know. The Sonos software roadmap is a mystery...
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yes, There software roadmap is actually a mystery let see when they will give a priority to the desktop app 🙂