Volume slider resolution

• 24 May 2014
  • 6 replies

In daily use I only use a very small part of the Volume slider, like 20% of the total slider until the music is already too loud for me.
I would be nice to have an option in settings that changes the resolution of the volume sliders so that I can use a greater range of the slider to control the volume.
So for example set the maximum volume to 50% on full slider.

In this way I can control the volume in a more fine grained way and it is easier to control using iPhone or iPad.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
I second that. I have my Sonos for 9 years now and this has been on my whish list from day 1 already.
Just got myself a Beam and a couple of Play:1's, and although the app is great for mnaging the stuff I also would like a finer grained volume control.
I see that this topic is 4+ years old, so I wonder; does Sonos even listen to suggestions from this community?
Isn't this done already, the limiting of the max volume levels and thus increased resolution of the slider motion? Seek and ye shall find.
Isn't this done already, the limiting of the max volume levels and thus increased resolution of the slider motion? Seek and ye shall find.
Yes it has. Perhaps the previous poster should have checked before taking a sideswipe at Sonos.
Incidentally, tapping the volume bar can give finer control than sliding, as well.
I did not mean to take a sideswipe at Sonos, but I found it odd no replies at all were posted for the original question.
Thanks to the remarks posted I have been able to find the requested control.
Thanks