Volume Problem

• 23 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi For Some Reason When Im Turning Up My Sonos 5.1 Surround System I Push The Volume Button Up Once Then The Sonos System Turns All The Way Up Then I Try Turning It Down It Stays All The Way Up I Would Have To Physically Walk To My Sonos Devices To Turn Them Down Or On The App An I Find That To Be Very Annoying How Do I Fix This Problem

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No need to capitalize every word, it makes your post harder to read.

Which volume button are you using to control your Sonos system? What's the source when you're doing this? You mentioned it is a 5.1 system, is it your TV? If it is, and you're using your TV's remote, there's a couple of things I'd be looking at. First, make sure that your audio settings for the optical output on the TV is set to "fixed", rather than "variable". Once you've done that, I'd try resetting your remote, since it sounds like it isn't set up properly, and the down volume button isn't working. You may want to read the appropriate area in this:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/home-theater/tv-remotes