Volume fluctuates on its own

• 13 September 2018
  • 3 replies

As we listen to our sonos system, the volume has started to fluctuate up and down on its own. This happens with the radio apps, Apple and Spotify. Is there a solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hello there, John Tilley. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Next time this happens, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I'll be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps.

Thanks again!
This is happening only with my Play:5 and everything else works perfectly. I am very disappointed not because of this failure, but because SONOS doesn't offer replacement parts OR repair service. After a short 1-year warranty, any problem makes a very expensive piece of equipment a boat anchor.
This is happening only with my Play:5 and everything else works perfectly. I am very disappointed not because of this failure, but because SONOS doesn't offer replacement parts OR repair service. After a short 1-year warranty, any problem makes a very expensive piece of equipment a boat anchor.
With hardware failures, we typically offer a replacement device at a reduced cost. For more information, you may want to reach out to our support team. They can go over all available support avenues for your specific situation.