Answered

Volume controls - iphone S

• 24 January 2018
  • 3 replies

After downloading the latest update today, the volume buttons on my iPhone S no longer control sonos volume. I have checked the settings, and “hardware volume control” is selected. Does anybody have any tips on how to restore the function?

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Rhum Dog Millionaire 24 January 2018, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Rhum Dog Millionaire. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. What model of iPhone do you have? Typically the "S" in iPhone models annotate a version like iPhone 4S, 5S, etc. Have you tried removing and re-installing the Sonos Controller app from the iOS App Store?
Hi Keith, I just reinstalled but it hasn't fixed the issue. It's an iPhone 6s (I think!)

Are there any settings that could impact on it do you think?
Update: after reading through loads of old posts I’ve identified the problem - I was connected to Bluetooth headphones at the same time. Having disconnected the volume control buttons now work with the sonos again. They clearly won’t work whilst also connected to some other device.

Over and out

Rhum