Visualizer for Sonos PC Controller!

• 12 December 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Is anyone aware of a visualizer for now playing in a future release of the sonos program? Or any third party ways of showing this?

I would love during parties to have like a visualizer showing what's now playing or like a fanart to display on my tv or computer or whatever.

I've attached a picture of an example from XBMC which has this feature in the program (looks awesome!)

Thanks in advance,
-Mike M.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Molinski. no plans to announce at the time. We'll pass on the suggestion for you. Let us know if you have any other questions we can help with.
I would also love to see a visualizer.
I would also love to see a visualizer plugin for the Sonos controller.

I am currently listening to Dopesmoker by Sleep, and this calls for some visuals to match the sonic assault on my senses.
Badge
Also wanting to see a visualiser for sonos. It's been available on itunes for years. Don't understand why it's not been followed up - a great feature
Given that the original request was 3 years ago, and the ongoing de-emphasis of desktop controllers, most notably shown by the removal of all setup functions from the desktop clients, I wouldn't expect them to be dedicating much time to this request.

Sorry, it's a cool idea. I just don't expect that it would be implemented any time soon, if ever.
Meh. Much more gimmick than “great feature”.
There's lots of things out there that some people love that I consider "gimmicks". Doesn't change their love for it in any way, nor should it. I suspect there's a lot of things I like that they could care less about. Diversity is a good thing.

IDIC.