Answered

Virgin 360 remote not working with Sonos Arc

• 3 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have just bought my Sonos Arc and paid the Virgin 360 remote so I can change the volume. This function worked for about 1 week, then all of a sudden, I was not able to change the volume of my sonos arc using the Virgin 360 remote.

I tried to re-pair the Sonos Arc and Virgin 360 remote, replaced the batteries in the remote and reboot the virgin box. None of this works, when it worked for about 1 week. 

Please can someone advise on this issue? 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 3 January 2021, 21:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Samier

Welcome to the Sonos Community. Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Sorry to hear that your remote stopped controlling the volume on your Sonos Arc

To help you out with this, allow me to ask a few questions.

• Is the HDMI CEC enabled on your TV?
  • Have you tried rebooting your Sonos Arc and TV
    • Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Arc and the TV. 
    • Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Arc, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect the HDMI cable to your TV and the Sonos Arc. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
  • Have you tried using your TV remote?

Some remotes may show pop-ups on the screen when you change the volume. If you experience this issue you will need to program the remote's volume buttons to control Sonos as a separate audio device, while allowing the rest of the remote to control your TV and cable box. Please refer to your remote or TV’s manual and manufacturer for further help.

Let us know if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Hello,

I have tried your suggestions above with no success. See my responses in BOLD 

Is the HDMI CEC enabled on your TV? YES i own SONY - BRAVIA KD75XH9296BU. 

Have you tried rebooting your Sonos Arc and TV YES

Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Arc and the TV.  DID THAT, NO SUCCESS

Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Arc, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.

DID THAT, NO SUCCESS

Reconnect the HDMI cable to your TV and the Sonos Arc. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.

DID THAT, NO SUCCESS

Have you tried using your TV remote? Yes this works, SOMOT SURE WHY MY VIRGIN REMOTE DOES 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW NEXT STEPS.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Samier, thanks for your response and for updating us. Sorry to hear that your Virgin 360 remote unable to control the volume on your Sonos Arc. You mentioned that it worked before. However, after checking the settings and re-setup your Virgin remote, it's still not working.  We only have a few information about Virgin remote and as recommended it would be best to Virgin 360 or your TV manufacturer for further assistance. You can use your TV remote to control the volume on your Sonos Arc. ​Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be glad to assist you.