View TV in music mode instead of surround

• 24 January 2017
  • 7 replies

We love to watch and listen concerts on TV.
Sonos automaticly switches to surround sound when receiving a tv signal.
We therefore like to have the option to change to music mode when the Sonos receives a TV signal. We are wundering whether there are more Sonos users who want this feature?
Please react when you want this option too.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
We love to watch and listen concerts on TV.
Sonos automaticly switches to surround sound when receiving a tv signal.
We therefore like to have the option to change to music mode when the Sonos receives a TV signal. We are wundering whether there are more Sonos users who want this feature?
Please react when you want this option too.

Hi RobVeghel,

You can disable TV autoplay on your PLAYBAR. This will allow you to choose when to switch the PLAYBAR to TV audio or music. Head into the settings menu, choose room settings for your PLAYBAR and check the TV settings tab.
i believe they mean something else what i also would like to see as a new feature. Namely that there is a small button somewhere to have the TV sound with or without surround. for example for Music that is on TV what should not be with surround sound. 😃
erwin_jong,

Please allow me to disagree with you. Much of the music I listen to on my TV is in 5.1, for which I do indeed want the surround sound on. I think Jeff S has the correct solution, settable by the user as needed.
Hello Bruce, it would be nice to have that option nearby and not so far away. it is not a quick switch if you listen music (that i perhaps want with surround) and then afterwards watch a movie (where i would like surround sound).

the current way is too much actions for a simple on/off option. but that is my opinion. and i think the poster also meant for this.
Ah, I see. You're asking for a faster way to switch between the two. So, a different UI function. I can understand that.
yes indeed. and i was yesterday at a friend who has Sonos and a faster way to disable auto switching to TV sound would also be very handy. for example if kids are playing on the TV with game consoles that the Sonos keeps playing music and not switches to TV sound every time. but that it can be enabled/disabled with a toggle because normally it is nice to have the sound to switch automatically to TV
I would like!

...also if it was possibly to just to listen to tv on playbar for times where you want to listen to tv AND music.

thx