Question

Various volume, Equalizer, Bass & treble control improvements

• 3 December 2015
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Many people on these forums have commented how poor the provision is for Bass/treble control. Here are my thoughts:

1. The existing base/treble control being hidden away in settings is very poor design. Instead they need to be up-front wherever and whenever volume can be controlled.
2. Obviously the base/treble needs a more refined equaliser design so that at least the midrange can be controlled.
3. Bass/treble control needs to be controlled on a per-room basis. As an example our kitchen is directly over the bedroom of the flat below, so in the early morning we NEED NO bass in the kitchen.
4. Which leads me into profiles for bass/treble. Turning the volume up is something most people do in the evening. At night and early morning these need to be quiet. One way to solve this might be able to have volume/base/treble profiles for different times of the day. Or at the very least with the alarm setting.
5. Not everyone wants the sonos blasting out at full volume right at the beginning, so when the sonos first starts a program the user should be able to define the gradient from silence to normal volume.
6. Consideration should be given to each speaker having its own physical control of bass/treble as well as the current pause & volume controls.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Andyswarbs, no plans to announce at the time. We'll pass on the suggestion for you. Let us know if you have any other questions we can help with.
please add a real equalizer. All what we have so far with this high end Sonos system is a very poor toy equalizer.... All smartphones have a better one - very frustrating
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
this is a big deal to me, unfathomable as to why the UI/UX bury these common adjustments. as you guys know so well, not every track is recorded and mastered equal, not all tv or films or services delivering consistent audio either. Sonos should make EQ and fade easily accessible and have saveable "scenes"
Userlevel 1
I also would like to have a real equalizer. Sonos pretends to be a high end music system that can compete with other systems like Bose. I find Sonos far better for years now. But Sonos should be busy listening to the wishes of the users and distinguish themselves from other competitors. That's the only way to keep satisfied users.
There are a thousand suggestions on here where Sonos are accused of not listening to their users. I respect your support for these features, but most users rarely if ever touch the existing EQ settings. It is probably well down Sonos' priority list.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Slower and Graceful volume fade in fade out would be much appreciated.
But they do not listen to us.
Slower and Graceful volume fade in fade out would be much appreciated.
But they do not listen to us.

I believe you are mistaken. I think they are listening but deciding that implementing this is not the best use of development resource. Listening to customers doesn't mean implementing every suggestion.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Please check this topic for an easier access to equalization:
https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/easy-equalizer-for-sonos-app-6768384