Various feature requests

• 20 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Are the following features on the roadmap and when will they become available?

• it has to be easily possible to see in which playlists a song is if I search for one?
  • playlist merging (including handling of duplicates)?
  • Sorting of song / albums  according to date added to playlist or library?

this should do it for the start

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Honestly, I don’t understand the refusal to sorting.  I think it would not require much work for sonos to add the dates ( of files added to a file share) as metadata to the library.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos has no idea of the “date added” for any music, so sorting by that is not technically possible, even if Sonos added sorting (which they have never done on any criteria).

You can merge playlists by doing;

• Clear queue
  • Load playlist 1
  • Add playlist 2 to the queue
  • Save queue as new playlist

Obviously doesn’t help with dupes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @TuneMaster.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. We highly appreciate feedback and feature requests to help us better improve our products. Let me help out.

I would be more than happy to send this toup to take a look into. Just to set your expectation since you will not be contacted directly for any updates and or progress on your feature request,  I would highly recommend keeping your Sonos products and Sonos app up-to-date to receive the latest features, releases and updates. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature requests, or concerns. I’ll be here to help.

Thanks,