Question

Using the new APP on iPhone and iPad

• 21 October 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Some time ago I updated my iPhone app to the latest version and all works well (except for the white!). It asked me to update my speakers, which I did. Now today I come to update the app on my iPad and its again asking me to update the speakers. Why is this necessary. Weren't they updated the first time?
Thanks for any feedback

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

There was an additional 8.1 release yesterday to allow for the brand new Sonos One coming on Oct. 24.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Yep. That's the release I have, but within the settings the Room Settings are missing. I seem to remember when I updated the iPhone that they were also missing until I updated the speakers.
Yep. That's the release I have, but within the settings the Room Settings are missing. I seem to remember when I updated the iPhone that they were also missing until I updated the speakers.

Yes, a mismatch between controller and firmware versions will result in missing Settings menus.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
That's the problem. Speakers were updated previously, and iPad app is up to date. So where would be the mismatch?
In "About my Sonos System" you should be able to look at each speaker's part of the report, and see what version they're running. Or, you could simply go to "online updates" in the app and see if it finds that there's still something that needs to be updated.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
In "About my Sonos System" you should be able to look at each speaker's part of the report, and see what version they're running. Or, you could simply go to "online updates" in the app and see if it finds that there's still something that needs to be updated.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Whoops!. Looks like I missed an update, All done now and all good. Sorry for being not very observant.
I seem to remember though that with the previous app, when started, it would immediately advise that there was an update waiting. Doesn't seem to do that now. Or does it and I missed that as well.
One other observation with the new app, and it's not a complaint, but if I wanted to listen to music whilst the TV sound was on, it used to ask if that is what you wanted to do. I.E. stop the sound from the TV and start the stream you requested. Doesn't do that now either.