Answered

using sonos port to control volume on Marantz NR1606

• 31 December 2019
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I think I already know the answer, but I am not sure. So some confirmation from the Sonos community would be much appreciated.

I just replaced my old Connect with a new Port and am streaming music through my Marantz 1606 AVR. I am able to control volume with the Sonos app on my iPhone if the line out setting for my Port is set to variable. However, I want to be able to use my Sonos app to control the volume on my AVR so that I don’t need to ensure that my receiver volume is not set too loud before using my Sonos Port. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 31 December 2019, 07:49

Your app won’t control the AVR but if the AVR has a web controller you could do it from there.

A work-around would be to set a maximum volume limit on the Sonos so it couldn’t push the AVR to high levels.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Your app won’t control the AVR but if the AVR has a web controller you could do it from there.

A work-around would be to set a maximum volume limit on the Sonos so it couldn’t push the AVR to high levels.

Thanks, this is what I suspected. The Marantz does have a smartphone app, so I’ll continue adjusting volume from there. I was just hoping to be able avoid using two apps to control music over my stereo through Sonos.