Answered

using sonos port to control volume on Marantz NR1606

• 31 December 2019
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I think I already know the answer, but I am not sure. So some confirmation from the Sonos community would be much appreciated.

I just replaced my old Connect with a new Port and am streaming music through my Marantz 1606 AVR. I am able to control volume with the Sonos app on my iPhone if the line out setting for my Port is set to variable. However, I want to be able to use my Sonos app to control the volume on my AVR so that I don’t need to ensure that my receiver volume is not set too loud before using my Sonos Port. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 31 December 2019, 07:49

Your app won’t control the AVR but if the AVR has a web controller you could do it from there.

A work-around would be to set a maximum volume limit on the Sonos so it couldn’t push the AVR to high levels.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Your app won’t control the AVR but if the AVR has a web controller you could do it from there.

A work-around would be to set a maximum volume limit on the Sonos so it couldn’t push the AVR to high levels.

Thanks, this is what I suspected. The Marantz does have a smartphone app, so I’ll continue adjusting volume from there. I was just hoping to be able avoid using two apps to control music over my stereo through Sonos.