User guide for v8 app

• 25 October 2017
  • 6 replies

FWIW, I have attempted to produce a basic user guide to the version 8 app. It is at the link below, as attaching documents seems to be impossible on the forum. I offer it, poor as it may be, in a spirit of helpfulness. There have been valid criticisms of aspects of v8, and there have been some totally unjustified ones. I find the app easy to use so maybe I can convey something of use. Or maybe not. I don't want to debate the merits of the app on this thread. Nor do I want to hear that an app should be magically, intuitively used without the need for a word of guidance or any familiarisation. Please save that for other threads and treat this as an effort to help, whether it succeeds or not.

The guide is completely unofficial and you use it at your own risk!

I am happy to receive constructive suggestions for improvement or corrections.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5LY6yD3BW7adkstOHVDVzZUMUE/view?usp=sharing

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Thanks John B. Looks great.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Excellent work! Thanks But you didn't explain where to find the Options-Dark Version? LOL JK
Excellent work! Thanks But you didn't explain where to find the Options-Dark Version? LOL JKDarn, sorry, I forgot that. It's in.......... the future????
Very good. Now to the problem of getting the horses to drink the water - good luck with getting people to read anything that isn't an executive summary or even bullet points.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Very good. Now to the problem of getting the horses to drink the water - good luck with getting people to read anything that isn't an executive summary or even bullet points.

Yes, good work. Plenty of people will still prefer to invest energy in complaining rather than in the modest adjustments required to work with the new app, but this will help those ready to move on.
Thanks guys. I rather get the feeling that I am preaching to the converted! Maybe the time for this had already come and gone, but I hope it will still help some users.