Upgrade to the Windows controller UI

Badge
I truly believe that the controller UI on Windows could use a revisit! It works okay, but it is not aligned with the new trends of the newer windows versions - like windows 10. Controller UI's on other platforms like Android or Mac see continuous improvements in controller UI - Why not Windows? While you are at it - go all the way, and make it a UWP app :8 ! Then I could control Sonos from Holo Lens! Sonos you where trend setting with your audio system - please continue to evolve - thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I truly believe that the controller UI on Windows could use a revisit!

Please, Sonos, just leave it alone - it's the only decent controller left...

+1

+1 more
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
What Mac improvements are you talking about? Both Mac and PC Desktop controllers are legacy codebases now, getting only the bare minimum in feature updates.
Userlevel 2
Badge

+1 More

Windows version is the only decent controller left, pity it didn't look like that on my android tablet as well instead of the awful UI we have to put up with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
By the way, you can already control your Sonos with your HoloLens, using my app. Search for "sonos" in the Store on your HoloLens.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Absolutely do not touch the Windows version..it’s the only decent logical and easy to use version....Sonos staff if you are reading this DO NOT TOUCH IT
Userlevel 2
+1 don't touch the best interface they have ....
Userlevel 2
DON'T TOUCH IT - it works perfectly, it's easy to use, easy to understand, and the colour scheme is bliss. In fact, let's make all the UI's like that again.

Please.

Z...
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
+1 don't touch the best interface they have ....

Important distinction between "best" and "good"! But actually, despite its flaws (dated visual design, multiple different "play" options that frequently do unwanted things to the queue, etc), it's a pretty "OK" controller app, really well laid out, mostly intuitive, and almost as good as the v6 release from early 2016. Thankfully, as the Sonos priorities are all about 1. shiny new features (voice control etc), 2. breaking the mobile apps, 3. refusing to fix bugs and design flaws, with "core product / existing users" a distant last, we shouldn't have to worry about changes any time soon.