Answered

Updating desktop Sonos1 controller to Sonos2 controller

• 10 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I replaced every one of my old Sonos1 components with Sonos2-compatible components. But my Windows 10 desktop controller still says I have three of my old components on the system because I didn’t trade them up as part of updating my old Sonos system. How do I remove the old, discarded components from the System list and thus allow getting the Sonos2 controller on my desktop?  The only controller I’ve seen in the Support is the iOS or Android app, which I already got. I just need to get the desktop controller for Sonos2.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 August 2020, 03:01

The app only cares about what is in your system right now, and not what devices you’ve previously owned that shows up on the Sonos.com website. If there’s a pop up (and it’s hard to remember if there is or not), you can just click “ignore”. I have a few components that are still on the website, but not in my physical possession, they didn’t stop me from upgrading to S2. 

View original

3 replies

The app only cares about what is in your system right now, and not what devices you’ve previously owned that shows up on the Sonos.com website. If there’s a pop up (and it’s hard to remember if there is or not), you can just click “ignore”. I have a few components that are still on the website, but not in my physical possession, they didn’t stop me from upgrading to S2. 

Userlevel 2

OK, got it, thanks. It’s working now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

HI @bigdaddyscondition.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I definitely agree with @Airgetlam. The Sonos app would only display what Sonos devices it connects to on the Wireless network your controller is connected. That is a part of the versatility of Sonos where you can use only 1 Sonos app to control A Sonos System you may have on a different location (as long as the mobile controller is connected to the network of that Sonos system).

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help,

Thanks,