Updates have ruined my Sonos

Userlevel 2
Since I downloaded the recent updates my system has become unusable. Is anyone else having the same issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Since I downloaded the recent updates my system has become unusable. Is anyone else having the same issues?
I have owned a amp 5 for many years, The amp was wired and assigned a static ip address. There is no way ip can be shared since it is outside the shared ip range.
Amp 5 would not played for more than a few minutes. I solved that issue by creating an account with Sonos, here is where real problems started. After a few weeks amp got an update, from that moment on it was bad. Now it is useless, it won't even trun on. I am moving to old school amps that don't have a network connection now. Seems companies are following Apples lead of destroying old equipment to make you buy more. I had an amp that lasted 25 years until lightning killed.it, seems greed is stronger than lightning.

Hi there,

If your Connect:Amp doesn't turn on, there's likely a hardware issue rather than a software one. It might be best to give us a call so our phone team can take a look live. You can find our phone number and hours here.

If the Connect:Amp shows up in your app but won't play, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.