Updates

• 13 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Anyone else having issues with updates? Sonos won’t allow me to add a sub because it say’s I need an update. When I go to the App Store to update, the app is current with no update required. Very annoying,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It's probably the speakers that need updating, not the app. Go into Settings and look for 'update now' or 'online updates'
Yes. Sonos are a pain in the backside regarding updates. You have to take the updates otherwise you cant even browse your own music library. Just unbelievable. Last time I checked I own all the music on my nas drive. You can be mid party and find you can no longer access your own music. Time to find a new music streaming speaker system unless they get this sorted.
Oh and I also own the playbar, the 5 play threes, the 2 connects and the 2 play ones.
Bytw Sonos the cross fade on off doesnt work after the update. Do you guys actually test any of theses updates properly in the real world or is it just in the tech lab............
Yes! I have the same issue and have had it for quite sometime. I keeping hoping the next update will address the problem. But, as they say, hope is not a strategy.

Has Sonos published a solution to this issue? Note: I can't check "Settings" because that menu item is grayed out until I complete the (never ending) update.