Updated Sonos software on my iMac, iPhone and iPad and now Pandora has been removed and there is no option to add it back

• 16 June 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge
No Pandora after Sonos software update.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

There’s a couple of potential solutions here. First, double check that you’ve updated the speakers as well. Open the app, and go to settings, and click on online updates. But, assuming that’s not the issue, I’d try rebooting your router.

Finally, it might be worth double checking your Sonos account information ( click on your name at the top of the page) to make sure your account is identified in a country that supports Pandora. I think early on, you could set up an account with no location specified, but now, their more careful, probably due to legal issues. That’s speculation, of course, but it is worth double checking your Sonos account info.
Badge
Airgetlam, Thanks for the ideas. I have done all of the above and it all checks out. I have rebooted my router, with no luck. I have checked my configuration and settings in both Sonos and Pandora and they all looks fine. I am completely at a loss. All was fine until just the other day when i did a system update on Sonos speakers and clients.

I also use Pandora when I exercise with my iPhone and headphones and it still works. So the problem seems to be with Sonos.
Interesting. I’d certainly recommend a diagnostic, then, and getting directly in touch with Sonos, either via their 24/7 twitter or tomorrow via their phone line.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You checked which country your Sonos account is associated with I assume? Pandora is only available in a few countries.
Badge
Controlav, thanks for your response. Yes I checked it and it shows my city and country of USA. Also this has been working right up until i did a sonos upgrade. I found another hit on this issue and tried unplugging all my sonos speakers and rebooting my computer and router, but still have the issue. There is no Pandora to select from in the list of options for music. There a bunch of them I have never heard of, but no Pandora.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Having read more of the Forum since my first reply, clearly the 3.8 upgrade did this to a number of people, and it is not the usual "wrong country" problem. I am holding off 3.8 myself until Sonos respond to one of the threads.
Badge
Mystery solved. Even though my profile on my computer showed that I was in the US, when I logged into my Sonos account from my iPad it was incomplete. I filled out my profile on my iPad and then everything came back. Very strange, but glad its back to normal. Thanks to all that offered up suggestions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we're looking into this, but it seems some systems have lost their country of registration after the update, which can clear out music services. If you are having this issue, can you make sure that you check under My Account on the Sonos website that your country registration is still correctly listed. Make sure that when you're checking your account that it's the same one that lists your Sonos players, if they aren't showing up, you might be registered to a different email address on the system. You can change your registered email in the Sonos app by going to Settings > Account Settings > Transfer Account.