Answered

Update not working for my play:3

• 3 June 2018
  • 8 replies

I have a play one and Sonos one that has been working great. I just got a play3 and it’s says I need to update . I have tried several times and the update is not working. Tried resetting router, modem , controller and all the Sonos players still not working. I also tried to connect direct with the Ethernet cable and no luck.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 June 2018, 10:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Plug the Play:3 by ethernet cable into router. Try update again and once done take back to where it belongs.
I tried that as well... pretty frustrating. It’s been a over a week and I still haven’t got it working yet
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What kind of error d you get when try to update?
And have you power cycled the speaker? Sounds like it might be in a bad state, a power cycle could clear that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What does the "more information" (from your screenshot) link tell you?

If nothing else submit a diagnostic and give the number it is assigned to Sonos support on Monday so they can dig into your issue.
Shows error 1014, I tried unplugging everything
jusgooninit

Switch off your Play-3.

Leave your other devices (Sonos One/Play-1) working, with one of those devices connected to the router ... this will put your system in Boost Mode and you need to check both your original speakers are viewable in your Sonos Controller App.

When they are working correctly... now cable your Play-3 to the router aswell and carry out the hardware reset procedure as shown in the link below.

Note the LED light on the Play-3 speaker (see other link below). If the LED light gets to a flashing green you can then try adding in your speaker to your existing Sonos Household through the 'Add Player or Sub' setting in the Sonos App.

If this fails again, then it’s best to immediately submit a diagnostic (see last link below) and post it’s reference number here and ask the Sonos Staff to take a look at what’s going on.

Factory resetting a Sonos product

LED Lights on Sonos Products.

Submit System Diagnostics
jusgooninit

Please remember to wait until the Play-3 LED flashes green before choosing to do its setup in the App and if the speaker does work, you can can uncable it and move it to where you want in your premises.

Note, if you later want to uncable your other Sonos One or Play-1 Speaker (leaving no speakers cabled to your router), then before doing that, go back into the Sonos App 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' and ensure the WiFi credentials (case sensitive) are stored in this section... when you have done that, give it a minute or so and then you can uncable the speaker.

If you decide to leave ANY speaker cabled to your router, then I would recommend you remove/reset your WiFi credentials from the 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' section as this is not needed when running your Sonos equipment in Boost Mode.