Question

Update Music Index does not fully sync with music library

• 11 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
The story is I have a very large music collection. I have all my music on a stand alone 3 TB Synology drive. Sonos is lynced to this one music folder. I update it but things are missing. Whole bands are missing. 9 Out Of 10 cds are missing from an artist. And it’s not just towards the end. This is in the B’s and E’s.

I did read something up a 65,000 song limit but I thought the way I read it that was like through iTunes, not something like a Synology working off it’s own server, so to speak.

Is there a fix? If so how? Thanks. Extremely frustrated. And don’t understand why this should be a problem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It's not just iTunes, it's all music. The restriction is based on the size of the memory on each speaker, and how much data in terms of pointers can be stored in the available memory.

In your case, I'd recommend looking in to Plex as a possible solution. My understanding is that it's not without its own pitfalls, but there's some people here on the forum that apparently have it set up and working, and it does away with the 65K tag limit of Sonos.