Question

Update loop

• 28 February 2019
  • 10 replies

My app keeps asking me to update before adding a speaker but I am on the latest version and stuck in this loop. On iPhone and Android. Anyone else having a similar problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

The following might help: In the Sonos app tap on 'Settings --> System Updates --> Check for Updates.
Badge
The following might help: In the Sonos app tap on 'Settings --> System Updates --> Check for Updates. you can't go to setting, you get the request to check for updates, you do that. The app says it's up to date, then you are pushed back to the check for update screen.
The following might help: In the Sonos app tap on 'Settings --> System Updates --> Check for Updates. you can't go to setting, you get the request to check for updates, you do that. The app says it's up to date, then you are pushed back to the check for update screen.
I know, nevertheless, checking for updates may break the loop. Yesterday's update was an app update only, by the way.
Badge
I know, nevertheless, checking for updates may break the loop. Yesterday's update was an app update only, by the way.

Well I just found out I have the same loop on my Windows 10PC. So there is now really NO way to get any music out of my Sonos besides using a direct wire connection. This very, very bad.
Well I just found out I have the same loop on my Windows 10PC. So there is now really NO way to get any music out of my Sonos besides using a direct wire connection. This very, very bad.
There was no update for the PC controller yesterday, only for Android and iOS resp. Remove the Sonos app, reboot your mobile device, and re-download the app from the respective store.
Badge
Did that 3 times already. But isnt it strange windows app is in the same loop?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
But isnt it strange windows app is in the same loop?

No.
Badge
So how do i break his loop if removing - rebooting - teinstalling does not work?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Normally you can just check for updates on another controller (that's connected) and that should clear it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
To make sure you don't actually need an update, check under Settings > About Sonos to see the software versions your hardware and your controllers are using. I believe right now that mobile controllers should be on 10.0.3 and your players at 10.0.2.

If your Windows 10 PC is stuck on a loop, it could be another issue, as suggested in another thread, it'd be best to give us a call, where you can work with a technician to sort up all of what's happening there.