Answered

Update Error 30 for Play1 and Play3. Ok for Play5 and Connect

• 15 June 2018
  • 6 replies

First time ever I got update error in many, many years of use.
As far as I understand this is a SonoS side issue (or not on my side).
Any information when this issue should be solved ?
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by MarcioAB 18 June 2018, 19:24

Great. Today the server is working well. Play1 and Play3 get updated and can join their "big brothers". Thank you
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Second request: Is it possible to downgrade the Controller from 8.6 to 8.5 and keep Play1 and Play3 boxes in version 8.5 (as the upgrade does not work for those boxes) and let the Play5 and Connect boxes in version 8.6 ?
( in other words: Is it possible to download from somewhere an 8.5 Controller and use it with a mix of sound boxes in versions 8.5 and 8.6 ? )
First, try connecting the speaker that you are getting the error on to your router temporarily with an Ethernet cable. Once it’s updated, you can again remove the cable.

Second, no, Sonos does not support any downgrading of software.
Thank you Bruce, but I already did this (following the error 30 instructions).
Your comment made me a step back to initial question: Are this issue not already became a known issue ?
It's hard to answer that specific question in a way that makes sense.

I think if they have an FAQ, then it is a known issue. But I think the issue is a result of a problem within your own wifi system, and not within the software created by Sonos. So, it's not really something they can "fix" by writing more code.

It's come up before, which might be found if this board's search function worked 100%.. But in all cases that I recall, which admittedly are relatively few, it's always been a case of some issue with the speaker being unable to properly reach the update server. Unfortunately, there is often a plethora of potential issues that might cause that, the great majority of which can be resolved by connecting the speaker(s) in question directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

Since that didn't work for you, then I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Note that most of the phone support is closed on the weekend, but the twitter support that you'll find under that link is 24/7.
Thank you Bruce

Complementing with Ryan's comment "... As of now, the issue with the Update Server should be resolved. You can re-try .... If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest that you create a new thread to troubleshoot as it's likely a unique issue with your set-up ..."

I will contact SonoS next Monday.
Thank you.
Great. Today the server is working well. Play1 and Play3 get updated and can join their "big brothers". Thank you