Update Error 11

• 12 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hello,
I have Sonos S5 'gen 1" and when i try to update it there was a massage says "update error 11", I was trying to restart the router and also factory resetting the speaker but unfortunately all steps are failed, Actually the unites was in store for a years and that's maybe the reason and the firmware needs to update..kindly help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If the unit hasn’t been kept up to date, there is indeed a possibility that the software on it is too “old” to be automatically updated. Usually, a call to Sonos and a diagnostic gives them the opportunity to get it properly updated for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes the firmware may be too out of date and in that case you need to call Sonos support for them to manually go in and update it.

Only other thing to try first is plugging it and one of your working units into your router. And try firmware with it hooked to router. Sometimes I have better luck that way with a problem unit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes the firmware may be too out of date and in that case you need to call Sonos support for them to manually go in and update it.

Only other thing to try first is plugging it and one of your working units into your router. And try firmware with it hooked to router. Sometimes I have better luck that way with a problem unit.
Badge
Thanks for your comment.
I have already did that step before but unfortunately the problem is still happening.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Then yes best thing is call Sonos to force the update.
Badge
Will call them today Chris. ?