Question

Update 8.2.1 - release notes?

• 22 November 2017
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Where are the release notes for app version 8.2.1?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

It is a bug. That's it, according to Sonos!
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Thanks, but I'd like to get an answer from a Sonos rep.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
From App Store
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
From App Store
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So when the Sonos rep replies with nothing more than a cut and paste of the release notes from the app store what then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
So when the Sonos rep replies with nothing more than a cut and paste of the release notes from the app store what then?

I expect a release note just as https://www.sonos.com/en/software/release/8-2 or https://www.sonos.com/en/software/release/6-4-7. Apparently even the minor updates have release notes, so why not this one?

I expect a release note just as https://www.sonos.com/en/software/release/8-2 or https://www.sonos.com/en/software/release/6-4-7. Apparently even the minor updates have release notes, so why not this one?

You’ll notice on that page it says current software version 8.2. Perhaps they simply haven’t gotten around to updating the release notes yet? I recall reading about a quick bug fix for what, Pandora or Spotify? Fix first, document later? Makes sense for a critical must-fix patch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
I recall reading about a quick bug fix for what, Pandora or Spotify? Fix first, document later?
You could be right. Maybe a Sonos rep can confirm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I recall reading about a quick bug fix for what, Pandora or Spotify? Fix first, document later?
You could be right. Maybe a Sonos rep can confirm.

Can confirm, it was a quick fix for controllers. We found a bug in the most recent release and thought it was important enough for a quick fix and wanted to make sure it got out to everyone.

We try to put out release notes for versions when there's something to say in them that's meaningful. There isn't a detailed release note page for 8.2.1 because it really would just say the same message as in the app store: "This update fixes a bug we found in our most recent software release."

The example, 6.4.7, you linked was about adding in-app messaging, but you won't find a release note page on the main website for 7.4.1 which fixed an issue with PLAYBAR audio.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
There isn't a detailed release note page for 8.2.1 because it really would just say the same message as in the app store: "This update fixes a bug we found in our most recent software release."
Thank you.
For cripes sake benym, your "treat Sonos reps like your personal dancing monkeys" act is getting old. What's next, are they going to have to make you lunch?

He gets the satisfaction of making his monkeys dance again. :8

Glad Ryan worded it the way he did. Though I doubt benym got the sarcasm.

He gets the satisfaction of making his monkeys dance again. :8

It would not matter if there were enough of them - no offence to Ryan/others.

But there aren't and I see enough threads/posts with more important questions go unanswered for this reason, so it might be a good idea to mull over any adding to this state of affairs.
No doubt support is lacking. All tne more reason to not waste their time with this nonsense. This is about the fifth time we've seen this poster demand an answer from a Sonos rep to an obvious question which was already correctly answered by several other posters.