Answered

Update 8.1.1

• 7 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
Each time I try to update the Sonos software to 8.1.1 on an iMac it says there is an error but no further information as to how to solve this. For info: the internet is working fine, as is the system (Playbar + 2 Play 3s). Does anyone know how I might be able to update?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 8 November 2017, 09:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What sort of error is it throwing? Have you tried rebooting the iMac? You might also want to check here; Supported OS
Badge
Many thanks for your reply. It isn't throwing up any error code, just says "The sonos controller update failed. An unexpected error occurred. Please try again." I'll check out the link and ensure all software on the mac is up to date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My advice would be to uninstall/delete the app from the Mac and re-install from the relevant Sonos page.
I'm with Stuart_W on that. And I'd add a step, reboot the Mac between deleting the file, and reinstalling it. Nothing better than a fresh memory state 🙂
Badge
Reinstalled and the update worked. Thank you both very much for your help.