update

help! My entire Sonos system has just gone offline and can’t be updated except for 1 Play One speaker. It was working fine this morning now a disaster. I rebooted routers and turned off speakers. Any help please? I don’t want a to speak with a bot. And what is with 2 different apps? Really this is not great.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @DXB Trev.

Thanks for reaching out.

Looks like your Sonos speakers and compose of what we called S1 and S2 Sonos device.

Perform a manual check in the Sonos app. will tell you what are the devices under S1 and S2.
Navigate to Settings > System > System Tools > System Compatibility Check. and follow the steps shown on your screen.

So what is Sonos S2 compatibility?

Sonos S2 is a new app and operating system (OS) that powers the next generation of products and experiences. In addition to new features, usability updates, and more personalization moving forward, Sonos S2 enables higher resolution audio technologies for music and home theater.

To know more about S2 devices click here. 

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Looks like you need to switch to the S1 app as much of your hardware is not compatible with S2.