Answered

Update

• 10 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Sonos app said an update was needed. After update, Trueplay, EQ settings are not available. Under settings the following options are available: app settings, date and time, system, about, reset, submit diag. I am running iOS 9 on a iPhone 4s. What is really frustrating is that it has been working fine until the update. Help !!!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 December 2018, 20:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/software/release/9-3

System requirements, alerts & warnings

Minimum OS requirements

Android 5.0 or later
iOS 10 or later
macOS 10.11 or later
Windows 7 or later

Operating systems iOS 9 and Android 4.x are now partially supported by the Sonos App. Devices running iOS 9 or Android 4.x can still browse, search and play music using this version of the Sonos app. Less common tasks like adding new speakers, modifying music services, or setting up a new Sonos system require Android 5.0 or higher, or iOS 10 or higher.
But my system was working fine before, no warning was given about these requirements before the update. Am I now faced with having to get a new phone ? If so, really bad service.
I'm just the messenger. But seriously, iPhone 4 is 8 years old. Apple hasn't even supported it since 2014, so I would count my lucky stars Sonos managed to tack on 4 years of support after that. Especially with Apple's "forced obsolescence" model.