Answered

Update

• 10 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Sonos app said an update was needed. After update, Trueplay, EQ settings are not available. Under settings the following options are available: app settings, date and time, system, about, reset, submit diag. I am running iOS 9 on a iPhone 4s. What is really frustrating is that it has been working fine until the update. Help !!!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 December 2018, 20:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I'm just the messenger. But seriously, iPhone 4 is 8 years old. Apple hasn't even supported it since 2014, so I would count my lucky stars Sonos managed to tack on 4 years of support after that. Especially with Apple's "forced obsolescence" model.
But my system was working fine before, no warning was given about these requirements before the update. Am I now faced with having to get a new phone ? If so, really bad service.
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/software/release/9-3

System requirements, alerts & warnings

Minimum OS requirements

Android 5.0 or later
iOS 10 or later
macOS 10.11 or later
Windows 7 or later

Operating systems iOS 9 and Android 4.x are now partially supported by the Sonos App. Devices running iOS 9 or Android 4.x can still browse, search and play music using this version of the Sonos app. Less common tasks like adding new speakers, modifying music services, or setting up a new Sonos system require Android 5.0 or higher, or iOS 10 or higher.