Answered

Unsubscribe from SONOS Marketing Email SPAM

• 8 November 2017
  • 12 replies

I've attempted to unsubscribe from all Sonos marketing emails on multiple occasions, including contacting support. I continue to receive Sonos marketing emails despite all attempts. Has anyone successfully opted-out of Sonos marketing emails?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 12 November 2017, 00:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I opted out at the first opportunity, and haven’t received a single marketing email since. Missed out on at least one promotion, but I will live.
Which makes me think. Is there any chance you have more than one account with Sonos? Ie you’ve turned it off on one account, but there’s another one causing you to receive the spam?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you are unsubscribing from a web browser link try using a browser with no extensions loaded.
Harpocrates,
If all else fails, you can always apply a filter at your email providers end, just to block such emails. Most email providers have settings that can block junk mail or they provide some kind of blacklist, so just add the necessary email addresses to those and never see them again.
@airgetlam definitely only have one account.

@Stanley_4 I've unsubscribed from phone and browser, yet continue to receive emails.

@Ken_griffiths I agree this is a solution, however Sonos should fix the problem here. It's their responsibility to provide a simple means to opt-out of emails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well that sucks. Asking Sonos is your only good option at this point, anything more aggressive is likely to take you off all their mailing lists which is probably not what you want.

Have you tried a change of e-mail address, swap it to a gmail account where you can ignore it for months on end.

I have my e-mail program doing sorting and filing for me, I put all my Sonos related mail in a Sonos folder where it is easy to deal with.
I'm a new Sonos user and I can't even find on their site how to unsubscribe. I would like to get only one message per week. Please tell me how to make that my setting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
michaellwood: In order to opt-out of marketing emails, you will need to log into your Sonos.com account and check in "My Profile". Currently, there are no granular options for how often you want emails.
I'm a new Sonos user and I can't even find on their site how to unsubscribe. I would like to get only one message per week. Please tell me how to make that my setting.Further to Keith's reply, at most times of the year Sonos marketing emails are less frequent than once a week. You don't need to fear being swamped.
John B, that's encouraging. I tried Keith's approach in My Profile and saw nothing about email frequency or opting out entirely. I will wait until January to see if the email traffic slows down before trying to modify setting for frequency again. Thank you both.
John B, that's encouraging. I tried Keith's approach in My Profile and saw nothing about email frequency or opting out entirely. I will wait until January to see if the email traffic slows down before trying to modify setting for frequency again. Thank you both.
See below. I maybe get one email every three months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

There is NO option to change the frequency of e-mails. You either agree to receive them or not