Question

Ungrouping Issues

• 19 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
I often play music (Amazon Music as source) on all my downstairs Sonos (grouped). I also have a few notification commands coming from SmartThings and/or Webcore, to some individual Sonos speakers for certain activities. Examples:
- If the refrigerator is left open > 2 minutes, the Kitchen Sonos should announce "Attention, the fridge has been left open".
- When front door opens, after a certain hour, my bedroom Sonos announces "The front door has been opened".
The problem: Even though I'm specifying the specific Sonos speaker to make the announcements, it always seems to come out from the GROUP that I had previously played music from.
Any suggestions? I checked, but I don't see any 'ungroup' options in SmartThings or Webcore.

By the way, same thing with Echo.... If I say "Alexa, play jazz on living room Sonos", but previously the LR Sonos was part of a group, the jazz will play on the whole group rather than just the living room.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Alexa cannot currently change groupings. Therefore your final comment is on the money - that is the only way it can work currently. I have no experience of the rest.
Badge
Ahhh, so possibly that's the answer as it applies to 3rd party stuff and inability to ungroup as well.