Question

Unable to play cloud queue access is denied

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello,
For the last days I've had an issue which happens several times a day.
I control my sonos system from a windows 8.1 computer with the sonos and spotify applications.
During playback, sometimes the playing stops and the sonos application displays a message that says "Unable to play cloud queue - access is denied". It then deselects my sonos device from the spotify application (in the spotify connect devices list). I have added a screenshot of the error in attachment.
Then I have to try again several times (play - select the sonos device) until it works again.
Could you help me out please?
Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
It just happened again, giving me first another message (see new attachment) and then the first error message (see above).
Probably wise to submit a system diagnostic and post the number here right after seeing that error. It will go a long way to helping the folks at Sonos figure this issue out.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yeah, I hesitated but the application tells you "please submit a diagnostic only if requested by the sonos team", so I didn't submit it.
I did it just now, but I can't see if the logs of yesterday are included in it or not. The confirmation number is: 7496567.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It includes about 15 minutes worth of data
I suspect that they get inundated by hundred/thousands of diagnostics a day, which is probably why they are putting that warning there. And why it's always a good idea to post the confirmation number in these threads. Helps them from having to sift through all of the chaff to get to the wheat!
Hi Guys

Regarding the diagnostics, the reason it says only when requested, is that we don't get a notification that one has been submitted, so we don't customer's expecting a response to submitting one, i.e. we need to know that one has been sent.

Thomas, you are correct the units had been powered off since the issue had occurred and we are unable to see the playback errors relating to spotify, If you are able to submit another Diagnostic ideally within 20 mins of getting the error and then reply with the number, we can take a look. Do let us know, thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ok, thanks for your answers. I'll submit another diagnostic as soon as I have the issue again.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I've just had the issue again. I have 2 sonos devices and the (spotify) playback keeps switching between the two. And the song starts over.
I submitted a ticket a minute after it occurred: 7502238
Thanks in advance for your help.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm also getting "file cannot be found" when trying to start spotify.
I submitted a diagnostic for that too: 7514832
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I'm also getting "file cannot be found" when trying to start spotify.
I submitted a diagnostic for that too: 7514832

Thanks, Thomas. To start, can you change the channel your system is operating on to channel 1 to see if that helps. Do you have the CONNECT:AMP wired directly to the router or is it wired to an intermediary device first? As a best practice, we also advise making sure the Sonos product wired to the router has at leat two feet of distance. This way the wireless signals can pass easier.

If you're still haveing troubles, please pass along another diagnostic with your reply.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello Andy,

Thanks for your answer. My connect:amp is wired to the router through an RJ45 cable and it is at 10 ft of distance.

But I found a temporary workaround: it seems that if I don't shut down the power during night and when I'm at work this specific issue does not occur anymore. It's a shame because having to keep all the sonos speakers powered on 24/7 is not extremely eco-friendly. :-)
-> If you have a solution for this I would be gladly hear it. ;-)

However I now have another issue: the speakers don't appear in the connect app as available devices anymore. Other devices like smartphones or tablets do though. Sometimes powering the connect:amp off & on again makes it appear in the spotify app again for that day. But the next day it's gone again. The devices appear in the windowns Sonos controller application.

Can you help me with this please?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Sonos players were designed to be powered on 24/7 as they will go into a reduced power state when idle. I'll make sure to pass along your interest to have the option to power the player completely off when it's not being used.

As for the other issue that has popped up, can you pass along a fresh diagnostic for our review?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi, ok now I leave it always online. Have been for the whole week. (too bad for the earth. 🙂 )

However I apparently still have the "file cannot be found" error. I submitted a diagnostic for that just a minute later: 7603194
Could you have a look please?

Thanks.