Answered

Unable to log on to S1 App

• 28 November 2020
  • 3 replies

For probably 2 years I have not been able to log onto the SONOS S1 App on my iPhone.

I think I used an old email address which the app defaults to.  I can’t see where I can update my email address and I can’t remember my old password.  I have created an online account with my current email address - but the app will not accept it.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it - but it always asks for the password to an old email address.

Is there anything I can to do get my app working properly - not being able to log in restricts the things I can use if for.

Any advice would be welcome.

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 28 November 2020, 22:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @bluerunner_1013, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern as well as the step that you did.  Let me help you figure it out. 

Your Sonos system is still linked to your old email account. Since you have created another Sonos account, you may now proceed to perform the next step to transfer your Sonos to your other email account.

1. Open the Sonos app on your mobile device.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System > Transfer System Ownership.
  3. Enter your Sonos account password and tap Sign In.
    • Note: If you don’t know the password for your account and don’t have access to the email currently in use, tap Cancel and return to the Settings tab. Tap Account > Sign Out and then System > Transfer System Ownership to complete the process. This will allow you to re-register your system under a new email address.
  4. Tap Transfer.
  5. Enter the email for the new account, acknowledge the privacy statement, and tap Continue.

Once you have successfully transfer your Sonos to the new email account, check for Sonos updates. If the steps listed above do not resolve your issue, please contact Sonos Customer Care for further assistance.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Rowena

I just wanted to say thank you so much for you help.  I had practically given up and only posted my message on the off chance that someone might be able to help.

You have solved my problem 100% - I now have access to the app again, after a couple of years !!!! - lol

So thank you very much and I wish you and your family all the very best for 2021.

Regards

Michael

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @bluerunner_1013, thanks for your response and for updating us. I'm glad that you’re now connected to your Sonos system after following the steps we provided. Please continue to monitor your Sonos system and feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.