Unable to downgrade system from beta

I am unable to remove my system from the beta. after I leave the beta program and reinstall the windows controller application, the software update states there is an update to the beta program that needs to be installed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Ryan,

After you remove yourself from the Beta Program via our website, you will need to return to the controller and 'update the system' this update will downgrade you to the version before beta. 

Take a look at this page- it will walk you through the downgrade process. Please let me know if you run into further issue after this. 
I have tried to do this multiple times with no luck.  I just recently submitted diagnostics with confirmation number: 3935759.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I have tried to do this multiple times with no luck. 
Hello Ryan,

If you are still having issues removing yourself from the Beta Program, I'd recommend that you call into our support line so we can further assist you with this issue. 
I'm having the same problem with a new Playbar + Play:1 system recently purchased a couple weeks ago. Signed up to the 5.4 beta to try and get access to Spotify playlists.  However, after doing some network maintenenance, had to re-setup my system from scratch. I've tried now to downgrade back to production 5.3 from beta 5.4.  Trying to 'update' the sonos devices to downgrade back to 5.3 results in error 1101 which supposedly is related to internet connectivity issues. I've tested all aspects of my network and its working fine, and rebooted everything multiple times. At wits end now.. please help!!!!
Badge
same here ....stuck in beta with a new playbar unable to equalise
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
same here ....stuck in beta with a new playbar unable to equalise

this is a symptom of a mismatch in the versions of your sonos components and/or controllers. If there is a mismatch so not all versions are the same you sometimes experience certain functions not being available. Room Settings is one such function.

Rather than remove yourself from the Beta, you could also try to update your components again - go to settings & online updates and see if it prompts to update again. This might well resolve things.
Badge
I tried that too.. But the only way I found possible was to go on the Sonos from my COMPUTER , go to settings, advanced, and leave beta. Then Uninstall the program. Install standard Sonos for Windows and the update...
And then your free from all the trouble
I tried that too.. But the only way I found possible was to go on the Sonos from my COMPUTER , go to settings, advanced, and leave beta. Then Uninstall the program. Install standard Sonos for Windows and the update...
And then your free from all the trouble

It isn't necessary to post the same thing to every thread that mentions the word "beta", some of these threads are years old.
Badge
I'll bet that the threads that is a year old just gave up. Just like me!
Now I just had enough, and when I found a solution ( witch no one else posted) I just wanted to make it easy for people like me. That don't feel like searching threw every thread that contains something with beta issues..

And if not you, I hope other will appreciate it
Nobody appreciates it. Plus, your method happens to be the exact same instructions as given in the FAQ. Stop spamming the threads!
Badge
. Didn't find it. Why I posted.
. Didn't find it. Why I posted.

It's linked in almost every thread you've spammed so far, including this one a mere half dozen posts above yours!

Here: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1707/~/removing-yourself-from-a-sonos-beta-program?_ga=1.184650351.774090800.1454958331
Badge
That explanation didn't do anything on my system, and it's not explained that you have to do it on your COMPUTER.. not your phone or tablet..
Anyway I figured it out
You don't have to do it from your computer at all. The first step is done from a browser, any browser.

I'm beginning to see the problem here.
Badge
Yep I see the problem too

Like I said, it wasn't possible from my phone, regardless of what you say
Badge
Hence my frustration!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Minus1724. just because YOU couldn't find out how to do it doesn't mean it isn't possible.
Badge
It was impossible for me, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Excuse me for being frustrated

Can you help me with this then. True airplay for Android?
Maybe that is just me and my lack of knowledge, but I can't find a solution for that either
There is no Trueplay for Android. There are too many variations in microphone hardware to support it at this time. You need an iOS device. The good thing is you can borrow one for a one time tuning and the Trueplay settings remain in place.
Badge
Ok will try

Thanks