I have reported this as a potential bug, but I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this.
Ever since upgrading to S2, my iOS controller will not stay connected if the Sonos app is force closed. To reconnect the app, I have to reset the app and join existing system.
As long as the Sonos app is not forced closed, all is well. As soon as it’s force closed...issue. I did not have this issue with S1. I have performed the troubleshooting steps which lead me to this observation. It’s been a few days now with no issues since leaving the app open.
Thank you for any insight provided.
Best answer by BrainSel
Just a quick update - After 24 hours, the Playbar and Sub are still online. Here are the exact workaround steps I took:
• Launch SONOS S2 App on your controller and verify it’s not connected
• Enter Setup on the Playbar by pressing Volume Up and Play/Pause at the same time > the orange light should start blinking
• Enter Wi-Fi Setup on your controller - For example, on iOS devices this is Settings > Wi-Fi
• Wait for the SONOS Wi-Fi network to appear
• Connect to the SONOS Wi-Fi network and do nothing else, just wait patiently a few minutes for it to time out
• After the timeout, you should be connected back to your home network automatically - if not, connect back to your home network
• Return to the SONOS S2 App and see if it’s connected
I don’t know why this works, but it sounds like a bug. I’ll report back any further discoveries.
Hope this helps!!