Unable to connect to Sonos player/Music stops

• 20 January 2015
  • 38 replies

I am having issues with my Sonos system that seems to have started after the latest update?  It does not matter what device I use to control the system...PC based, tablet based, phone based, wired or wireless connectivity, and do have a bridge connected wired.  The system has worked perfectly for two+ years and just started having issues recently.  It starts fine but might “crossfade” midstream during a song or just stops, then may start again after a while or just stops and I see the error message "unable to connect to Sonos player"?  I have rebooted my router and bridge a few times but nothing changes.  The player may play for a few songs then start acting up or may play for longer.  I have 4 Play 5 speakers, one Play 3 speaker, a Sonos Amp and the bridge, and was looking at adding the PlayBar, but am holding off for now.  And after having enjoyed my Sonos system without issue for a few years, I was wondering if the latest update is causing the issues?  I do not have any other issues related to my network and can play the same playlists through my PCs or tablets without any issues, as well as stream any media to my TVs without issue.  Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having trouble connecting to one of my Sonos 3. Diagnostic # 6343524

Hi Michael10,

There's some wireless interference which is likely the reason your PLAY:3 isn't connecting. Please try changing your Sonos system's wireless channel, here's how.

It may also help to reboot your router and the missing player. It looks like the unit is communicating with your other speakers but it has lost its IP address, probably due to the interference.
Connect amp, living room 2, keeps dropping out diagnostic 6368920
Hi Sonos,
I am having constant issue with audio quality and skipping songs. I have Sonos Connect and 2 Sonos Connect Amp. My diagnostic information is: 6531456.

I get error codes 1001 and 1002 very, very often trying to play back from Spotify or even from local music on my phone. I have tried to change the channel number in the router per your recommendations and that still does not improve/fix the issue.

Thanks !
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Sonos,
I am having constant issue with audio quality and skipping songs. I have Sonos Connect and 2 Sonos Connect Amp. My diagnostic information is: 6531456.

I get error codes 1001 and 1002 very, very often trying to play back from Spotify or even from local music on my phone. I have tried to change the channel number in the router per your recommendations and that still does not improve/fix the issue.

Thanks !

Hi raldrey,

Your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This could be due to the extended network nearby which is on the same channel as your main network. Please try to change the wireless channel on your extended network to 6 or 11 and see if that helps.
Same here
Sonos will play 2-4 songs only, then stop. Attempts to press play or ffwd to the next track are met with "Unable to connect to Sonos player".

Have switched channels on my router as instructed earlier in this thread.

PLEASE HELP.
These flow interruptions are KILLING MY SPRING CLEANING VIBES.

# 7420920
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Sonos will play 2-4 songs only, then stop. Attempts to press play or ffwd to the next track are met with "Unable to connect to Sonos player".

Have switched channels on my router as instructed earlier in this thread.

PLEASE HELP.
These flow interruptions are KILLING MY SPRING CLEANING VIBES.

# 7420920

Hey TheP33j - thanks for posting the diagnostic number. Taking a look at its readings I can see the error with playback is from Apple Music, do other music services have playback issues as well?

Did you try changing the router to multiple channels (1, 6, 11) or just from what it was on to channel 1?

As there is a room named Nursery, do you possibly have any baby monitors in the household? Depending on the brand, some of them can really jam the 2.4ghz spectrum with interference.
[quote=Andy B]Hey TheP33j - thanks for posting the diagnostic number. Taking a look at its readings I can see the error with playback is from Apple Music, do other music services have playback issues as well?

Did you try changing the router to multiple channels (1, 6, 11) or just from what it was on to channel 1?

As there is a room named Nursery, do you possibly have any baby monitors in the household? Depending on the brand, some of them can really jam the 2.4ghz spectrum with interference.[/quote

Hey And-B!
I spoke to one of your associates yesterday for about 45 mins total. We tested a whole host of things to try and correct the error. Eventually the error resolved itself once I got onto Channel 6 and moved the router! I've also been told that if this happens in the future, that hard wiring my Playbar will allow it to master to the other 4 units from a more secure stream source, which should alleviate this happening again.

Thanks for replying!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
[quote=ThePeej][quote=Andy B]Hey TheP33j - thanks for posting the diagnostic number. Taking a look at its readings I can see the error with playback is from Apple Music, do other music services have playback issues as well?

As there is a room named Nursery, do you possibly have any baby monitors in the household? Depending on the brand, some of them can really jam the 2.4ghz spectrum with interference.[/quote

Hey And-B!
I spoke to one of your associates yesterday for about 45 mins total. We tested a whole host of things to try and correct the error. Eventually the error resolved itself once I got onto Channel 6 and moved the router! I've also been told that if this happens in the future, that hard wiring my Playbar will allow it to master to the other 4 units from a more secure stream source, which should alleviate this happening again.

Thanks for replying![/quote]

Hey ThePeej - thanks for letting me know you were able to get the problem resolved with one of our phone technicians. If you do find yourself needing additional support in the future, don't hesitate to reach back out here.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Good day ladies and gentlemen
The problems you are suffering from is what I had in the early days of sonos
Problems your suffering
Skipping tracks
Speakers not responding
Network problems

Here is your answer and it is quite easy
You'll need to go back to basics and forget about your system I installed ubiquity wireless repeaters for my wi-Fi network this must be seamless connectionhttps ://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/ admittedly not cheap but worth every penny
Once the Wi-Fi network is sorted out you will find the speakers Will interact better and will have more control
The next thing that's why done was to put all my music onto and Ness Drive which is running
https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwi8492H44bUAhUPEhsKHXC7AucYABAAGgJ3bA&sig=AOD64_3V9mxIAqeHvMIrsch8-E1aXk-Nng&q=&ved=0ahUKEwif7daH44bUAhXHCcAKHfPFDokQ0QwIXA&adurl=

Once you have this sorted out you would have wonderful system up and working
I absolutely adore my system
Good luck
Userlevel 1
Badge
Connect amp, living room 2, keeps dropping out diagnostic 6368920 it would be a Wi-Fi problem you require a seamless connection on repeaters would recommendhttp://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi Sonos,

Thanks !

what you are suffering is an address error as this cannot find the song
What this means I think you have a nass drive with your music stored on you will need to change music's address as it has come from iTunes this is where the problem lies four example
Locationfile:///Public/Shared Music/Music/Swedish
%20House%20Mafia%20Feat%20Pharrell/Now%2076%20-%20CD2/11%20One%20(Your%20Name).mp3
This is what you would have to change for your system
Having connectivity issues. Diagnostic 748143620.