Question

unable to connect to device try again later

• 1 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, the above mentioned error message appears each time I try to add speakers to a group - I am using S2 app. The other devices are shown but I cannot connect. My Sonos experience is limited to playing on the devices connect via cable to my LAN. The devices relying on wireless connection are shown but do not connect. My old play 5 which was incompatible works perfectly using the S1 app. This inability to add devices was not apparent the first time I updated. Help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @emaxt.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue, let me help you and try to figure this out.

If I understand it correctly, this problem is only happening on devices/speakers using wireless connection or Wifi. 

Are these devices working as an individual speaker or can you connect on a single player without issues?

Kindly please submit a diagnostic report, preferably after or when it is happening, and reply here with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.