Unable to add shared folder \\IMAC .. (1002)

• 23 March 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
All of a sudden my music library was not there in sonos when I started the application in my mac and when i wanted to add the folder, I get this problem after waiting a while. It is the same thing with your software ,from time to time, you changed something, and problems like this arise. I am tired of this. Why can't your software just work. I think after this I am going to throw away your speaker and move on to just using Spotify with Bose Wireless speakers, because it is a freaking waste of time to always have to reset the controller, all this work is too manual, why can't you guys figure out to recognize network device and connect, it is not rocket science

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Malena,

Sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulties with your Music library on the Sonos system.
Could you please Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this tread? I will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Pierre
I send the same problem, can't add music folder. What happened to Sonos?? It worked fine and now it has become garbage. I regret buying this...
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I send the same problem, can't add music folder. What happened to Sonos?? It worked fine and now it has become garbage. I regret buying this...

Could you please Submit a Diagnostic of your system as I mentioned above?
Saaaaaaaame. After working fine I'm getting the error message:

UNABLE TO ADD THE SHARED FOLDER "//GrahamProudMac/Music" to your Music Library (1002)"

Have submitted Diagnostic to Sonos (number 7968902).

Look forward to hearing your response
i have a similar issue too.
I can control sonos using my iPhone and i cal play the music stored on my phone throughout mu sonos ........ but when i try to connect my desktop sons software to my music collection it can not find it.
I have followed the other threads suggesting checking fire walls etc but no luck.

when i click "Manage" i am presented with all the optiond greyed out and can't select anything !!!
Have submitted Diagnostic to Sonos = 7970391.
Saaaaaaaame. After working fine I'm getting the error message:

UNABLE TO ADD THE SHARED FOLDER "//GrahamProudMac/Music" to your Music Library (1002)"

Have submitted Diagnostic to Sonos (number 7968902).

Look forward to hearing your response

Can somebody at Sonos help with this please - did you get the diagnostic report?

Thanks