UI Improvements for 8.0 Controller please!

• 18 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
I don't have the same levels of hate for the new controller as some people posting on here, but it could really do with a few tweaks to make it more usable...

1. The list of tabs disappear when I'm in the full screen 'now playing' - nav would be clearer and easier if it stayed, and maybe even had a 'now playing' tab?

2. I'd like to be able to change room selection from the now playing screen - you could combine the new slide up group screen to let me select a different room as well as group it?

3. I don't have many rooms on my system, so I'd like to be able to switch rooms from the minimised 'now playing' bar - it could let me do that by swiping left or right, maybe with a visual clue next to room name to make it obvious

4. The rooms screen uses a lot of screen for not much content. Since the space is there please can you add player controls on there, and why not make the group button persistent - why make me tap twice to group a room that's not currently selected when I could access it directly?

Most of the time I'm using the app I'm either trying to change room or browse music - making those key functions directly accessible from every screen with minimum taps would make the app better!

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge
I totally agree with this.

If I set off looking for music then want to change which room I am controlling during that search, it is tricky.