Answered

Two Sonos admin users

Hi, we require two separate Sonos admin users. One for myself and one for my spouse. 

We are already using our separate music streaming service. 

Can we have separate SONOS ADMIN users each for same SONOSsystems in one home? 

icon

Best answer by ClausN 3 May 2021, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I understand we can add multiple music streaming users. The issue is when we are both streaming it cuts off users EVEN when we are using our own separate streaming music profiles. (Example Spotify. We have two separate accounts on Spotify and using our own Spotify profiles, music still cuts off).

We had logged into Sonos using two separate admin accounts before. We moved and now cannot add a second profile to Sonos.

Spotify only allows one stream per Sonos system if initiated via Voice.  You can use the App to initiate multiple streams without issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does your problem still persist? There was some trouble with Spotify earlier this week.

Hi. You have never had two Sonos accounts on a single system because that is and has always been impossible. 

If music is cutting out it has nothing to do with Sonos accounts.

I understand we can add multiple music streaming users. The issue is when we are both streaming it cuts off users EVEN when we are using our own separate streaming music profiles. (Example Spotify. We have two separate accounts on Spotify and using our own Spotify profiles, music still cuts off).

We had logged into Sonos using two separate admin accounts before. We moved and now cannot add a second profile to Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, we require two separate Sonos admin users. One for myself and one for my spouse. 

We are already using our separate music streaming service. 

Can we have separate SONOS ADMIN users each for same SONOSsystems in one home? 

In addition to the comments from @ClausN , there is no such profile as a Sonos Admin.  Anyone with authorised access to your Wi-Fi can control your Sonos system.

You can only have one Sonos account for the system, but you can add multiple accounts for the same streaming service:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3624?language=en_US