Question

Two controllers same speaker?

• 26 December 2017
  • 5 replies

My first simple question is if two people have a controller in one household but they both have separate accounts is it possible to use one speaker?

Say if I have an account set up with one speaker not in the house, and another family member has an account set up with speakers in the house, is there a way for me to switch my account quickly so that I can control music in the house?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, JustWillliam. Thanks for posting. When you connect to the WiFi network that has another Sonos system, it will ask if you want to connect to Sonos. Once you connect to Sonos, you should be able to control the music. This will not have your music services and will likely need to add them to the family members Sonos system.
Is it possible to switch between two accounts easily with one controller?
To switch between music service accounts, hit the down arrow next to the service name.
Not service accounts, I need to switch between two Sonos accounts as in two accounts that are connected to two different speakers
The way it is currently implemented, it's one Sonos ecosystem per SSID. You could potentially set up a second SSID on your router, and have two different Sonos systems, but there's lots of "I can't see anything else on the network" that might happen in that case, too.

The one system, with pulling down the menu for service accounts, is currently the best option for you. There have been requests in the past for multiple accounts, along with the obligatory "we'll pass that request along to the team" comments from Sonos.