TV remote - changing group volume

• 7 December 2016
  • 7 replies

I have a semi open-plan living area with Soundbar, Sub and 2 x Play1 speakers (set to surround) in the living section, then 1 x Play1 in the kitchen area which also contributes to the overall surround sound. When I change the volume on the Sonos app I can group all three speakers to change at the same time but when I use my TV remote it only changes the living area speakers and not the kitchen one, creating an imbalance of sound.
Is there any way of setting up the 3 x Play1 speakers as an overall surround (rather than just two, left and right)?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

great question. I have the exact same problem. would love to have an easy solution to controlling group volume with a remote.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

At this time using a TV remote to control the volume of your Sonos units only works for the PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE and surround speakers. I'll send along a feature request to have the remotes control grouped speaker volume as well.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same problem here (same setup actually).
Also, the physical buttons on the playbar + surround play 1s or the separate play1 also only change the volume of the speaker(s) rather than the volume of the whole group. Would be great if this could be fixed on short notice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I suspect a lot of people prefer the current set up, especially the speaker buttons. If this were to change it needs to be an option to chose rather than a sweeping change.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Any update on this feature? I have a 5.1 setup in the living room with one attached Sonos One in the kitchen. We need to be able to control the grouped volume as an option via the remote control. It's been 9 months and no updates?
Is there any update on this question and feature request? I have the same issue.
When grouped, if the volume changes on one it should affect all regardless of the remote used.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Any update on this feature? I have a 5.1 setup in the living room with one attached Sonos One in the kitchen. We need to be able to control the grouped volume as an option via the remote control. It's been 9 months and no updates?
Feature requests are often acknowledged. However this does not mean they have been accepted or are being considered even. The dev and testing life-cycle would also mean at least a 6 month period before they get into any release. Just to set some expectations.