Answered

Trueplay Tuning compatibly with iOS 10?

• 20 August 2016
  • 9 replies

Just bought an additional Gen2 Play 5 and created a stereo pair. Went to tune the speakers and the app stated that it wasn't compatible. I'm on an iPhone 6S+ running iOS 10 Beta 7 since I actively develop apps for apple. The only anomaly I can see is the beta software so I just wanted confirm that the trueplay feature doesn't work with iOS 10.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 14 December 2016, 19:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

iOS10 beta is currently not supported officially.
Good to know, it's a bit confusing because the rest of the app works flawlessly but thanks for the response
That was a comment from a Sonos rep a few days ago.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
When iOS 10 is released I'm sure Sonos will issue a revised app as they have with previous releases.
Or there will be a lot of extremely annoyed people out there.
Badge
Any word on when TruePlay will be supported on iOS 10 yet? I got an iPhone 7 and each time I try to do TruePlay it tells me that it is not supported on my device.
iOS10 isn't the issue. Sonos are still working through the testing of iPhone 7/7+.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3406
Badge
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Great news everyone, as of now the Sonos app on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are capable of running Trueplay tuning on Sonos. You don't need to make any special updates either. So long as your system is updated to Sonos version 7.0 you'll now be able to run Trueplay tuning. Also, with version 7.0 we added support for home theater tuning. So you can now tune your PLAYBARs too.
Badge
Great, I can tune my newest rooms tonight, thanks!