Trueplay on Android Pixel

• 17 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I find several topics about Trueplay not being on Android due to variability of hardware. While i get the point it still seems like at least it could be supported for the Pixel models. Thank you for trying.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

While I understand your desire, I’m not sure that it’s possible. How many different manufacturers are there of the microphones sourced for use in the Pixel? Each would have a slightly different performance, and even which one you have in “your” device may not be exposed in the OS, so Sonos wouldn’t know what particular profile to use.

And if it was just the Pixel that they provided, why not the Galaxy? Or any other model of android device? There are many long threads already about this issue in the forum, I’d encourage you, if you are brave enough, to read one or two of them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe go at this from a different direction?

Ask the manufacturer of the Pixel or your other Android device to support Sonos TruePlay. I’m sure Sonos would be open to discussions and if there is a reasonable path forward to come up with something.